Monday, July 24, 2006

Gruesome Creatures, Your Local Starbucks, Rocket Ships

Hello, my little dumplings! I am reeling from life's general vagaries and hoping that this blog finds you well. Also reeling from life's stressful uncertainties, but we can't win them all, folks. In other words, who can win at the game of life?

Unless it's the board game, which I think I used to win quite often, actually. Ha ha!

Well, there are some good things in my life, thanks be to God. The bad part is that I'm living with my parents again (can we say, major triggers???) and back in my hell town. This wee little New England town (more medium-sized, actually) may be the least friendly place known to man. Basically, people are either unfriendly and competitive, or they are snobby, friendly, and competitive. Sometimes you meet nice people who, to deal with the former, have developed thick shells to survive, thus making them like eerie holograms of the said snobby people. It's hard to find anyone who is unguarded enough to actually speak with you. It's that famous NE reserve! What can I tell you, it'll help with the future memoirs.

The other bad shite is dealing with medication (adjusting to taking it and the side effects) and the fact that if I eat more than, say, a donut I tend to gain like fifty pounds instantly. But, c'est la vie. You can't win them all! Unlike that board game! I am still pining for Dr. Hottie, who I may think about when I am 93, if I am lucky (or unlucky, depending on your particular point of view about life here on Planet Earth). Ah, amour. He had these wonderful big blue eyes, what can I tell you. I am sucker for blue eyes, interesting mutations that they are.

So it goes. I am trying to destress, which is hard without, say, an oxygen chamber, and in general spend most of the day out of the house so as not to interact with the Evil Parents Of Denial. EPOD are gruesome creatures perhaps known to some of you. Yet, I have forgiven them as much as possible. Cash gifts would help but hey, no one's perfect!

The better news is that I may be moving into an apartment of my very own in a couple of weeks. Now I just have to procure a job faster than you can say, fig newtons! Yes, fig newtons and me. So it's all very pressurized and the triggers do not help. I attempted to decompress the horror at a local Starbucks, which just made me more nervous, since their coffee is like being attached to a giant sonic rocket of some kind. Are there sonic rockets? This I do not know.

And So It Goes. I hope all is well in your life, and I hope that in life, you are well.

Mazel tov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home